New Beginnings!

New Beginnings!
"Well hello there!"

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sincerity or Sincrely Phony





SINCERITY?
OR
SINCERELY PHONY?



sin·cer·i·ty
Freedom from deceit, hypocrisy, or duplicity; probity in intention or in communicating; earnestness.

truth, candor, frankness. See honor.

hon·or
Noun
1. Honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions: a man of honor.
2. A source of credit or distinction: to be an honor to one's family.
3. High respect, as for worth, merit, or rank: to be held in honor.
4. High public esteem; fame; glory: He has earned his position of honor.

Sincerity is the virtue of one who speaks and acts truly about his or her own feelings, thoughts, and desires.

Phony
1. Not genuine; fake
2. An insincere or pretentious person
3. Something that is not genuine; a fake


“Your not alone I’m here for yha.”; “Just call I’ll be there”; “whatever you need, just let me know!” ……. And so forth. Ever had people tell you your not alone, that they are there for you…yet when you need them or are in a bind they are nowhere to be seen, or they are unavailable????? I have…we all have at one point or another.

What about…. “You look so nice”; “you’re doing just fine”; “don’t worry, you won’t look silly”… Yet the ZIT that “looks fine” yet is oozing puss and people can't stop looking @ it, or the report you just wrote for your boss that “sounds great”... to the way your dancing @ the club “not looking silly”.... People telling you things that set you up to look bad. Ever been there done that…got the “L” shaped finger to the forehead? (Or whatever the cool kids go for now.)

Those are just some mild examples, as sincerity is also as explained above.... an extension of honesty.

One thing I personally can’t stand is a phony. Don’t tell people things just to make you feel better or make yourself look good! It’s an ugly trait and we have enough of it in society! Mean what you say and say what you mean. Don’t just fill the atmosphere with shallow words and bad breath. :)  Harsh??? Yes!  But someone had to say it! And since I have nothing to lose in the insincerity department…it had to be me.

A Question I have is…. WHY???  Why do we feel the need to say things we know we really don’t mean???? Or tell people we have no intention of following through on?  Is it to make ourselves feel better? So we can sleep at night? ...Habit???? I say “WE” because I don’t point fingers, however, I really make every effort possible to mean what I say and be sincere! No I am not a saint or putting myself on a pedestal, we all mess up and make mistakes… But I love the people I love, like the people I like, and hate the people I hate. So much so I feel the need to be sincere with them all. If I can’t I don’t say I will. If I say I will I make every effort to do…don’t get me wrong…. things come up and we can’t always keep our word. I’m talking about the ones who ALWAYS say they will and NEVER do. OR suggest this and that just to what??? Hear themselves speak…STOP IT!!!!! Your going to end up with shallow friendships and crappy relationships because people won’t trust you and the decent peeps won’t put up with it! Sure it seems that these people who are less than….let’s say “desirable” get ahead in life by being as such, but they are usually jerks, bitchy, untrustworthy and always searching…"If one wants to be respected then one has to show that they have respect for themselves and their respect for themselves is always true blue and can't be swayed, always maintained. It takes constant maintaining to earn and keep one's respect and a simple moment to lose that respect and once gone is how people will always be remembered no matter what phoney smiles and people around them show them. People think different and certainly talk different behind a disrespected person's back. Their smiles and words towards them are cheerful but phony, but their ears and disrespected thoughts towards them are true and their true feelings about them are always shared with others."

Do I mean you go around telling people “Your not really that cool”, “you look funny when you talk” You hair is frizzy” “yes you look fat in that” “Don’t ever ask me for help because I may not be able too all the time”??  I mean…. Don’t say, “You know I’m here for yha, what do you need?” and then never follow through. “Sure I’ll help you with ‘such and such’” and then not show. Tell someone they did something good, when indeed it was VERY wrong and could get them a tongue lashing from the boss, or worse yet….lose their job…Just because it doesn’t matter to you doesn’t mean it doesn’t mean the world to that other person.

Look, all I ask is that you think before you speak, consider before you commit, and mean it before you offer. It’s WAY easier to do the right thing, and less damaging to everyone involved. And remember.....Sincerity isn't a substitute for truth. Your smart enough to know the balance of truth and sincerity!


~T~ 




Insincerity is always weakness; sincerity even in error is strength.
GEORGE HENRY LEWES, 

“Honor isn't about making the right choices. It's about dealing with the consequences.”


 









1 comment:

  1. Here is something that relates to what you are talking about.

    http://www.thechangeblog.com/under-promise-and-over-deliver/

    ReplyDelete